NTSE (National Talent Search Examination)
The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is a national level scholarship program in India
started in the year 1963. The purpose of the scheme was to identify talented students and nurture their talents. It covers areas like Science, Social Science, Engineering, Medicine, Management and Law. It is organized by – National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) and it honors and helps talented students by providing financial assistance in the form of a monthly scholarship.
NCERT conducts the NTSE for students studying in Class X. The exam is conducted at 2 levels: Stage – I (State Level and Stage – II (National Level).
|Stage-I (State Level)||Examination in States and Union Territories||
Notified by State Liaison Officers & Union Territories
|Stage-II (National Level)||Examination in all State and Union Territories||No fees|
- Student studying in Class 10th
- 61% marks and above for General Category students and 5% relaxation in marks for reserved category.
For further details please visit: www.ncert.nic.in/
|Test type||Marks||No. of Ques.||Duration|
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||100||120 min|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||100||100||120 min|
On basis of NTSE stage-I results, scholarships are awarded to top 1000 students all over India.
Awardees of National Talent search Examination will receive a scholarship of
- Scholarship of Rs. 1250 per month for Class XI – XII
- Scholarship of Rs. 2000 per month for UG and PG
- Amount of Scholarship for Ph.d. be fixed in accordance with UGC Norms
|Important Events||Dates (Expected)|
|Availability of Application form||July Mid|
|Last date to submit Application form||August End|
|NTSE Stage – I Exam – State Level||1st Sunday of November|
|Result of Stage – I||February|
|NTSE Stage – II Exam||2nd Sunday of May|
|Result of Stage – II||July-August|
- The application form is meant for the students appearing at the State Level NTS examination conducted by each state/UT.
- The candidate/Principal shall submit the form directly to the state/UT liaison officer only.
- The candidate/Principal must deposit the application fee, if any, prescribed by state/UTs with application form.
- The candidate/Principal should leave the 4-Digit Centre code blank, to be filled by the liaison officer/other authorities.